About the Program
St. George’s School offers any interested boys the opportunity to participate and compete with the Varsity Swim team. The team competes in the BC School Sports Association
and ISA competitions. The competitive season is the duration of Term 1.
In the spirit of the School’s mission: "Building Fine Young Men. One Boy At a Time", the goals of the Swimming Program are to:
- Develop fine young men using swimming as a vehicle for personal growth
- Develop each boy’s sense of self-worth as a valuable member of a dynamic swimming program
- Create a culture and identity that future boys and teams will aspire to follow
- Create a life-long love for the sport as a competitive option post-highschool for those that are at that level, and a healthy lifestyle option for all
While each swimming season presents new opportunities for competitive events, in general, a typical season is as follows:
- 12 weeks – last week of August to the 3rd week of November
- 6-7 competitions, including afterschool time trials, intersquads, dual meets, championships etc.
Water practices are offered up to 4 afternoons per week, Monday to Thursday from 3:30pm–5:00pm. Additional fitness and dryland practices will also be offered. Stay tuned for practice times. A potential morning practice time may be availabe.