Each year, the Outdoor Education department at St. George's School hires a number of contract guides to work part-time with our programs. Most programs are 4 - 5 days in duration. Applications are accepted throughout the year, but the main hiring periods are in June for our fall programs and in February for our spring programs.Current Job Postings
Applying for work as an Outdoor Instructor/Guide - Prerequisites
- current first-aid and CPR certification (40 hours Wilderness First Aid minimum; 80 hours Wilderness First Responder preferred)
- interest and aptitude working with youth in residential and wilderness situations
- experience and/or relevant certifications in wilderness pursuits as an instructor/guide
- all candidates must pass a Criminal Record Check
Applying for work as an Outdoor Instructor/Guide - Requirements
- Resume and cover letter
- Copies of current certifications
All application packages should be submitted electronically by email: email@example.com
. Suitable applicants will be interviewed in person or by telephone and successful applicants will be required to complete an information and school forms package.
As part-time employees of St. George's School, income tax and CPP deductions will be deducted from bi-weekly pay cheques. Instructors are covered under the school's liability insurance, may be eligible for WCB coverage, and will accumulate hours for Employment Insurance purposes. Current employees are responsible for providing the department with current contact and mailing information.